Pages

March 24, 2014

Good foods in Sendai Japan


Sendai is one of my favorite city while visited Japan, it's a big city but not so crowded like you will find in Tokyo and believe me there are many good foods here with nice value and great atmosphere.
As a capital city of Miyagi prefecture, Sendai have a lot of entertainment venues, five years ago when I live in Japan (Tokyo) I visited this city very often  just to have a good foods and hangout with my friends, to get here from Tokyo mostly we use Sinkansen wich mean fast train, expensive but fast, I think there are several cheapest ways to get here from Tokyo, we just looking for the easy and fast way,..

In Miyagi prefecture we can find a lot of tourism object from beach to mountain, from night life to sacred temple, it's depend on your interest., Me?,.. I'm coming for a good foods and beverages lol,.
A few years ago earthquake and tsunami in Miyagi was striking this area, the tsunami devastated the city's coastal outskirts but did not cause major damage in the city center. Virtually all tourist spots reopened within a few months of the earthquake. I was visited Sendai in April 2011, after the earthquake happened in March 2011, I saw the desperation of some of the families who lost family members over the disaster. But on my last visit last month, the city are back to normal even more better.




Arrived in Sendai station around 6pm, my old friend picked me up in the station, well after 3 years not seeing her in person I don't even recognize her,.. It' takes 3 minutes for me to look close at her and yeahh,.. it's you!!.. lol,..  As my unofficial tour guide she arranged the schedule and start it right after we met, (typical of Japanese), my experience live 5 years in Tokyo not surprised with this,.. It remind me on my first time in Japan, I felt like the slowest person in the world, and feel like the one that can enjoy this life properly, lol..

Our first schedule is,...... Eat of course,.. I tell her to reserved our favorite place in Sendai in
advance,. when you come here don't miss the "Gyu tan yaki" or Grilled beef tongue, there is a lot of restaurant near the station serve this kind of dish, you can enjoy it near the station or outside the station.
It's just different with other grilled beef tongue that I tried in other place, the tenderness and juice thing make me addict to this foods.

Sendai also famous for its sea foods, Its geographical location in between the cold and warm ocean make this place very rich of delicious sea foods that we can enjoy fresher than other location.
We ordered our favorite like "nama kaki" or raw oyster, "maguro sashimi" or tuna sashimi and "kujira sahimi" or whale sashimi.. And for the drink my recommendation is drought black premium yebisu..
That was very nice dinner form me with nice friend, delicious foods, and city view..

We drank at that night and my friend avoid to drive the car so we going to our hotel walk.

Gyu tan yaki
Whale sashimi
Oyster sashimi
Yebiyu premium black

No comments:

Post a Comment